Webinar at ISAmI Conference
Registration of interest ISAmI universAAL Webinar at ISAmI’13!
The aim of this webinar is to introduce stakeholders of Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) to the principles and objectives of the universAAL platform under development in the context of "ageing well at home".
We kindly invite stakeholders, representatives, and end-users of these technologies, like:
- Assisted persons: Elderly, Disabled, Persons with special needs
- Formal caregivers: Personal assistants, Social workers, Helathcare professionals
- Informal caregivers: Relatives, Friends, Family members, Volunteers
- Assistance providers: Healthcare providers, Social and wellbeing institutions, Houskeeping service providers, Transport providers, Information providers, Domotic providers, Senior organizations, LivingLabs
- Authorities: Financial bodies, Legislative and public welfare organizatons, Standardization organizations, Supporting organizations
Assistance is free for online participants and also for participants of ISAmI’13 conference (you need to register separately for ISAmI’13, here).
MOTIVATION: The AAL (Ambient Assisted Living) could be perceived as one of the most promising areas of AmI. The objective of AAL is to facilitate the goal of "ageing well at home" through the use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT). Main problems facing the AAL field currently are the diversity of proprietary and incompatible solutions that prevent interoperability and the development of a competitive market. The idea of universAAL project is to create an open platform for provision of AAL services, solving this problem. The webinar in line with the symposium aims to introduce universAAL platform to end-users and related stakeholders and show them how to envision a near future involved with open and affordable AAL solutions.
GOAL: After this webinar, participants will know the possibilities and advantages of living in an AAL environment involving all needed stakeholders, from assisted persons to assistance providers and authorities around the open and "universal" AAL future platform.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Representatives of relevant end-user organizations, assistance service providers, assisted persons, and authorities
PREREQUISITES: Please register yourself, information below.
WHEN: 11:30 – 12:30, Friday May 24th 2013
WHERE: For online attendees: at the time of the webinar, connect to www.anymeeting.com/universaal1 and follow instructions. Participants will be able to follow the presentation slides plus live audio and chat for Q&A.
WHERE: For local attendees: Palacio de Congresos, Salamanca, Spain (more information can be found here)
PRICE: FREE for participants of ISAmI’13. FREE for online participants.
. Make sure to include basic information about yourself such as name, affiliation and country.
The registration for local attendance to the Webinar room in Salamanca will be closed when maximum number of local attendees applies (20), or on May 23th 2013.
- May 23th 2013 – Expression of interest deadline (or sooner)
- May 23th 2013 – Confirmation of acceptance
- May 24th 2013 – universAAL Webinar
- Introduction to AAL and universAAL project
- Description of typical scenarios of use around the open universAAL platform and the uStore facility.
- Developers of the universAAL platform will be available for Q&A.